[spf-discuss] Re: Open Patent certification mark

2007-04-27 11:10:48
I'm forwarding a thread I had started on spf-private to spf-discuss

I had first posted this message to spf-private, in order to allow folks
there to feel comfortable shooting this down completely, and in private
even, if they objected to that extent.

Since then it was suggested that this conversation go to spf-discuss, so
I'm forwarding along the entire thread.

I've updated the url since the conversation.  The version of the
standards mentioned below and the version Julian had responded to on
spf-private is now at
http://www.openpatents.org/certification_mark_standards_v0.04.html .

And as a side note, since then, Scott has placed the mark at

  http://www.kitterman.com/spf/source.html
  http://www.controlledmail.com/
  http://www.kitterman.com/spf/source.html

(I appreciate Scott's willingness to use the mark.)

And that may be enough, assumming these examples are accepted as meeting
uspto requirements.  But it's better to have more examples than just
enough or too few, so..