Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Open Patent certification mark

2007-04-27 15:47:44

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

What do others think?

Lets go ahead with one package to help Mark out in his efforts.

I think a lot more research is needed though what is good for
open-source patent related system. Personally I'd like to see
GPL-like patent license where company gets a license to use
certain patent iff it also promised that any other technology
for which it gets patent and use of which would also require
use of original "open source" patent would also have to be
released under same "open source" patent license (this is
top stop EEE and and similar problems where companies are
only using open-source but not giving back or when giving
back making it severely restricted).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks