Re: [spf-discuss] How do I implement SRS

2007-07-18 11:38:14
Quoting Scott Kitterman (spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com):
On Wednesday 18 July 2007 06:42, ram wrote:
The SRS page talks just about sendmail
http://old.openspf.org/srs.html

I use postfix + cyrus
How Can I implement SRS

The short answer is you don't.

All of the milters that do SRS use a Sendmail specific function call to
rewrite the sender.  You would need an SMTP filter implementation of SRS to
do it in Postfix and I am not aware of one.

Adding the ability to rewrite Mail Fom was briefly discussed on postfix-users
a few months ago and the idea got some positive response from Weitse Venema.
Not sure if it'll go into 2.5 or not.

There are patches floating around to rewrite the sender address.
Its 4 lines of code if I recall.  We've been doing SRS with Postifix
for several years.

I found it. Its a bit more than 4 lines but still simple.  The
recipient rewrite code in this patch does not work.  A lot more
work was needed to implement recipient rewriting that works in all
cases.  But that's not needed for SRS anyway.

John Capo
Tuffmail.com

Scott K