Re: [spf-discuss] Is DK/DKIM going to vanish after yahoo acquisition

2008-02-02 00:21:04
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, ram wrote:
When Microsoft acquires yahoo , I dont think they would pursue DK/DKIM
So that means SPF or Sender ID will have less competition

It looks to me like Yahoo lost interest in DK some time ago.
<http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys> just redirects to the DK
sourceforge project, which seems dead in the water.

The code there hasn't been updated in more than two years, although it
seems to work.

Most of the DK self-test sites listed have apparently shutdown.  The two
that still operate are faulty.  Sendmail's tester falsely believes DK
signatures bearing the h= element are invalid, and Skylist falsely
considers any "simple"-canonicalized signature to be bad.

(That's what I see from an Exim 4.68 / libdomainkeys-0.68 sender.  It's
unlikely to be a problem with Exim's simple-canonicalization since
Sendmail accepts simple signatures if Exim is patched to remove the h=
element.  It's unlikely to be a problem with Exim's implementation of h=
since Skylist accepts signatures bearing h=, so long as they are
nofws-canonicalized.)

DKIM is alive, and doesn't seem to be very dependent on Yahoo.  You can
see them on a list of "participants", but as the last entry on a
13-element list.

Also, it's not like Yahoo ever really deployed DK anyways.  The
_domainkey.yahoo.com record begins with "t=y; o=~;", which is even weaker
than saying "?all" in SPF...

---- Michael Deutschmann <michael(_at_)talamasca(_dot_)ocis(_dot_)net>