[spf-discuss] pypolicyd-spf 0.6 released

2008-02-24 21:23:17
The new version can be found at:

http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.6.tar.gz

Significant changes include:

* Logging redesign:
  - Change default loglevel to 1 and readjust loglevel 1 and 2 to 2 and 3
  - Loglevel 0 changed to no logging
  - Move all non-error config file related logging to level 5
  - Don't log SPF result comments
  - Updated policyd-spf(5) debugLevel description
  - Don't log errors for known config options
* Added prospective SPF checks to see if mail sent from current IP would Fail
  SPF after being sent. Don't add SPF Received headers for these.
* Fixed IP whitelisting to work with multiple IP ranges (patch from Nicolas
  Litchinko)
* Fixed domain whitelist to work (including changes by Nicolas Litchinko)
* Correctly detect IPv6 addresses in skip and white lists and use correct
  implicit CIDR for IPv6
* Correct config file and policyd-spf(5) to not have spaces in IP and domain
  lists
* Log error if IP whitelist or skip list have non-IP address items in the
  lists and then don't crash
* Install man pages and config files in FHS compliant locations.
* Removed spec files since I'm not qualified to maintain them

As usual, please let me know if there are any problems.

Boyd Lynn Gerber has built the package for a number of distributions on the
opensuse build service:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:gerberb/

I've uploaded the package to Debian Unstable and Ubuntu Hardy.  The package in
Debian will be in New processing for a while.  The Ubuntu Hardy source
package (when built against the appropriate tool chain) should run on Debian
Etch and later and Ubuntu Edgy and later:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pypolicyd-spf/0.6-1ubuntu1

I will do Ubuntu backports once this has been released for a little while.

Scott K