[spf-discuss] Re: [SPFMILTER] libspf2?

2008-11-11 15:09:48
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 11:57, G.W. Haywood wrote:
Hi Paul,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Paul Howarth wrote:
"G.W. Haywood" <spfmilter(_at_)jubileegroup(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
Are there any plans to make spf-milter usable with libspf2-1.2.x?

It probably represents the best way forward...

Over the weekend I've done some more work on it, I have the milter
sort-of working with libspf2-1.2.8 but I'm seeing some slightly odd
results...

Probably best to take this up directly with the upstream maintainer, who
can be reached at libspf2(_at_)anarres(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Someone on the spf-discuss list told me that libspf2-1.2.9 is out now.
They've fixed a few things and although I can still get it to segfault
it seems to be better than 1.2.8 (especially for mailing list users:).

I'd almost go so far as to say it's working now, although there are
still quite a few things I don't understand.  For obvious reasons I'm
using it on a not-very-busy mailserver at the moment, so I'll give it
a few more days and then see how it goes (how much memory it leaks:)
on something a little busier.

When the comment-to-code ratio is up to an acceptable level if anyone
wants to give it a spin I'll put it on a web page somewhere.

I caught shevek on IRC and asked about the best way to reach him with bugs.
He suggested libspf2(_at_)rt(_dot_)anarres(_dot_)org(_dot_)  He said, "I tend
to respond in a
schedule of a few days.  if it's urgent, I assume someone will poke me."

Scott K