[spf-discuss] Weird SPF Record!

2009-06-12 09:19:49
One of our clients is having trouble sending us e-mail, so I ran a DNS
report. They have a weird SPF record that I've never seen before.
("v=spf1 include:spf.messaging.microsoft.com include:listrak.com ~all"
[TTL=3600]) The part that is confusing to me is the include:
spf.messaging.microsoft.com. I did an Nslookup and it doesn't return an
IP address. I also did a search on the internet and all I found were
other domains using this string in their SPF record. Does anybody have
any ideas what this record does and how it works? If SPF records are
used to verify that the mail is coming from an authorized IP and this
record does not resolve to an IP, then how does it work?

Thank You,

Jeff Wampler
IT Director

The Standard Group