[spf-discuss] More detail on subdomains

2010-02-12 13:26:38
Yesterday I changed completely our SPF record to -all from ~all.  I started
reading the common mistakes section of the website and wasn't completely sure
about this part

"Publish null SPF records for your domains that don't send mail
Once you've protected your mail sending domains with SPF, if someone is trying
to spoof you, then first thing they will try is to spoof your non-mail sending
domains. Publishing "v=spf1 -all" says that a domain sends no mail. As an
example, you might publish:

example.com.       IN  TXT  "v=spf1 a:mail.example.com -all"
mail.example.com.  IN  TXT  "v=spf1 a -all"
www.example.com.   IN  TXT  "v=spf1 -all"
"

Are there a list of common subdomains I'm supposed to add TXT records for or
just just simple ones I can think of?

I have shutdown SMTP access to all but my to relay servers on the network. But
if I don't want email to come from username(_at_)www(_dot_)edhance(_dot_)com,
do I just add this:
www.edhance.com IN TXT "v=spf1 -all"

thanks,
James