xsl-list

Xalan complains about relative DTD URL in transformed document

2002-08-30 05:26:17

        I'm using JDK14 to transform some XML
documents that reference a DTD with a relative URL.

        I'm getting this exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "../../text bodies.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base URI.

        Believe me I've spent time on this, and the
code I'm using now is from a solution posted to this
list by J.Pietschmann:

Transformer tr = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer( transform ) ;
SAXParserFactory saxParserFactory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance() ;
saxParserFactory.setValidating( false ) ;
XMLReader xmlReader = saxParserFactory.newSAXParser().getXMLReader() ;
xmlReader.setEntityResolver( new MyResolver() ) ;
tr.transform( new SAXSource( xmlReader, src ), res ) ;

Unfortunately it does not work, in that the MyResolver
is not even called on to resolve anything before
the exception occurs.

Any ideas? I do want to use a relative URL for the DTD.

                                                        David