xsl-list

ANN: XEP 2.77 for XML Spy available

2002-08-29 17:35:36
Hello,

RenderX, inc. and xAttc, Inc. signed an agreement on
distribution by xAttic of RenderX software. RenderX authorizes
xAttic to issue licenses for RenderX software. RenderX will
provide support and maintenance for RenderX software licensed
from xAttic according to the licensing terms.

RenderX XEP version 2.77 for XML Spy 4.4 is available from
xAttic, Inc. via Internet shop at

http://shop.xattic.com/

XEP for XML Spy 4.4 is XEP configured to run as external XSL
FO formatter in XML Spy (invoked by "XSL:FO transformation"
command).

Two versions are available: a fully enabled distribution
with Postscript and PDF backends and a stamped (with a stamp
on each page similar to one put by the evaluation version)
distribution with PDF backend.

The distributions are accompanied by extensive documentation
explaining usage, features and limitation of the packages. To
summarize, the version provides the same rendering capabilities
as the evaluation version and the full package with the
following exceptions:

- to ensure compatibility of this version with all Java
platforms including Microsoft Java, we excluded SVG support
from XEP for XML Spy;

- DTD validation is turned off. We encourage users to check
their stylesheets and validate their FO files against XSL FO
DTD supplied with XML Spy 4.4 and available from our site.

The software is priced very reasonably in order to make an
affordable formatting solution available to as many users
as possible.

David Tolpin
RenderX