xsl-list

RE: Numbering scheme

2002-09-30 03:01:21
Assuming you're starting with a document that has the <Page> elements,
you can generate a result document that adds the ID attributes and
<Name> elements using:

<xsl:template match="Page">
<Page>
  <xsl:attribute name="ID">
    <xsl:number/>
  </xsl:attribute>
  <Name>
    <xsl:number level="multiple" count="Page"/>
  </Name>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</Page>
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Satish, L. Gnanendra
Sent: 30 September 2002 06:22
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Numbering scheme

Hello,
 I am a novice in XSLT. so I would like to have assistance
with the following numbering scheme.

 I have a dtd file with the rule:
 <!ELEMENT Page (Name, Page*)> -- Recursive
 <!ATTLIST Page ID CDATA #REQUIRED>

And the XML is generated in a recursive way where a parent
page can have sub-page(s). <Page ID="1"> <Name>1</Name>
<Page ID="1">  <Name>1.1</Name>
 </Page>
 <Page ID="2">
 <Name>1.2</Name>
  <Page ID="1">
  <Name>1.2.1</Name>
  </Page>
  <Page ID="2">
  <Name>X</Name>
    <Page ID="1">
    <Name>1.2.2</Name>
    </Page>
  </Page>
 </Page>
 <Page ID="3">
 <Name>1.3</Name>
 </Page>
<Page>

<Page ID="2">
<Name>2</Name>
 <Page ID="1">
 <Name>2.1</Name>
  <Page ID="1">
  <Name>2.1.1</Name>
   <Page ID="1">
   <Name>2.1.1.1</Name>
   </Page>
  </Page>
 </Page>
</Page>

<Page ID="3">
<Name>3</Name>
</Page>

I would like to have a numbering scheme as given within the
<Name> tags. Can anyone help me asap?

rgds,
Gnenendra.
- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which
is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise
protected by law. The information is solely intended for the
named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to
the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy
or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.