xsl-list

Thanks it worked : xsl for parsing strange xml

2002-09-24 08:57:39
Thanks James, it worked. Thanks to Jeni and Mike for your help.

-Aparna
--

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:49:47
 James Fuller wrote:
I need help in parsing an xml file generated for java classes and
interfaces. Suppose I have a class like Car, and say Car
implements Vehicle interface.

have u thought about using RDF to represent this....and I believe you could
probably find similar stuff already done
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=java+code+generation+with+
xslt

interface Vehicle{
     getIdentification();
}

class Car implements Vehicle
{
     getName();
     getIdenitifcation();
}

XML is of the form :

<member name="T:Car">
     <summary>
             It's a car class.
      </summary>
</member>
<member name="T:Vehicle">
      <summary>
             It's a vehicle interface.
     </summary>
</member>
<member name="M:Vehicle.getIdentification">
      <summary>
            Identification of the vehicle.
      </summary>
</member>
<member name="M:Car.getName">
      <summary>
            Name of the Car.
      </summary>
</member>
<member name="M:Car.getIdentification">
      <summary>
            Name of the Car.
      </summary>
</member>

Note that in xml M: stands for method, and T: stands for Type.

well in xml these are namespaces.....hehe

Do you see that interface Vehicle information comes in between
Car? Because of this html is messed up.

have no idea what you're on about ( reaching for my mind reading version of
email reader ).......its messed up because u think its messed up ?

you're best bet is to show us

a) what u have ( i believe you've done this )

b) show us what u want ( in html whatever )

add any interesting and witty comments.....

gl, jim fuller