xsl-list

RE: Insert PDF file

2002-09-24 06:52:27

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
J.Pietschmann
Sent: 23 September 2002 22:49
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Insert PDF file

Eric(_dot_)Reiter(_at_)ic(_dot_)lu wrote:
I have a XML file with a tag <doc>str.pdf</doc>, in which
srt.pdf is a file.

When i transform this XML into PDF (with FOP), i would that the
<doc>str.pdf</doc> would be replaced by the PDF file str.pdf.

How can i do that?

you could possibly use the future unparsed-text() function thats specified
in XSLT 2.0

16.2 Reading Text Files
Function: sequence unparsed-text(sequence, string?)

I am uncertain how this will work ( maybe you will have to supply the
http:// url of the results of the FOP processing ) but possibly this
function is implemented in SAXON 7.2, dont know yet ? You may also use other
features of the exp XSLT 2.0 SAXON implementation to chain together your
transforms.

but in general you will need a specialized extension function.

gl, jim fuller