xsl-list

RE: hardware xml / xslt

2002-09-24 02:31:01
I don't know, I recently saw some benchmarks for xalan(c++
version) running against large(10+ mb) xml files and it
performed worst out of the processors involved, msxml
performed best(can't remember where I read this). I suppose
one reason for datapower's product would be that it handles
large xml files quickly, in that context and if xalan indeed
does perform poorly against large files it does not seem to
be a good comparison.

Hey, you wouldn't expect them to compare themselves against the *best*
of the competition, would you? This is a US software company, after all,
not a team of gentleman cricket players.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com