xsl-list

Re: maintaining pointer to original doc

2002-09-22 10:54:07

--- Bruce Gagnon <bgagnon at lucent dot com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm attempting to create an xml sub-tree from an xml doc using
copy-of.

I'm running a transform and I get the subtree but if I make changes
on
this subtree doc it has no impact on the original doc. I assume that
it's
because I'm using copy-of. Is there another way of getting a subtree
without
loosing access to the original doc thru the subtree doc?

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce,

XSLT is a functional language and among other things this means that
there's no "update in place" in this language. Whenever changes of
"something" are made, they are made on copies of the original
"something".

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.