xsl-list

OT: XML Node-normalization

2002-09-20 09:13:08
Hi all:
There is an office controversy brewing about node normalization - where no
elements have attributes, only dependent nodes.  Supposedly there is an
industry trend toward node normalization, and some are worried that we'll be
out of sync.  However, I have not found any documentation referencing this
'trend' - have you heard anything about this?  Can anyone point to any
resources for this discussion, or even any thoughts either way?
Currently we are using a mix of child nodes and attributes, and this seems
intuitively logical to me - but this is the best argument I can make - I just
like it better. ;-)
TIA,
Nik