xsl-list

RE: RE:

2002-09-18 08:40:46
The source is actually the XML file, so it is showing you the correct
listing.  However, you can download a utility add-on for IE that will
allow you to look at the output of the transformation [1].  The utility
is called "Internet Explorer Tools for Validating XML and Viewing XSLT
Output."

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/5
43/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

Kirk Allen Evans
http://www.xmlandasp.net
Author, "XML And ASP.NET", New Riders Publishing
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073571200X

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-
list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of CROFT, MICHAEL
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 11:14 AM
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] RE:

              When the browser renders the XML document using my XSLT
stylesheet, the report displays successfully in the browser, and then
you
select view source on the browser, it only displays the XML document.
It
is
not outputting my html tags.  It is a .xml file, not a .html file.

              Mike

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                              >       Does anyone know how to have the
I.E
6.0 browser output a
                              > rendered XML document using XSLT as an
HTML document.

                              that's what it does. (What do you mean
by
"output" though in
                              the case of a browser?)

xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
                              you don't appear to need to declare the
FO
namespace in this stylesheet

                              This isn't needed as it will already be
the
default as the top level
                              element is html.
                                              <xsl:output
method="html"/>

                              David

                              This message has been checked for all
known
viruses by Star Internet
                              delivered through the MessageLabs Virus
Scanning Service. For further
                              information visit
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call
                              Star Internet for details on the Virus
Scanning Service.

                               XSL-List info and archive:

the sender and postmaster(_at_)amica(_dot_)com(_dot_)