xsl-list

RE: href with & ?

2002-09-18 01:06:35
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Peter Davis
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:53 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] href with & ?

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 16:41, Julian Reschke wrote:
But note that it would be a *bug* if the XSLT engine serialized the
ampersand just as "&" in HTML attributes.

I actually don't know much about using HTML with XSLT, since I
don't do that.
But IIRC it is an outstanding issue that the HTML spec doesn't require
escaping within the href attribute, but output method="html"
still escapes
it.

Am I completely making that up?

Yes, I think so.