xsl-list

RE: apache fop - formating question

2002-09-16 14:22:35
Thomas,

If you haven't already (I lost your original post, sorry) you might do some research in the fo:float element and its 'float' and 'clear' attributes -- as well as the level of support your formatter gives to fo:float. Unless you can put these to work (and FOP doesn't have any support for floats at all AFAIK), I'm afraid XSL-FO isn't up to the job even with SVG's help; think about how you might post-process (which means targetting your FO to some format that allows this) to achieve the effect you want.

I disagree with Bryan that there is an approach to this through SVG. While, as he suggests, SVG can specify (and conformant renderers can display) text along a path, this is a far cry from supporting flowing and wrapping, even into the plainest of rectangles.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez