xsl-list

RE: accessing Java method from xslt

2002-09-13 14:17:51
I would read up at saxon.sourceforge.net.

Saxon is java, and has a clear description of binding a namespace to a
particular java function...also shows how you can write an extension etc.

gl, jim fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Holmberg
Rick-ra0119
Sent: 13 September 2002 22:05
To: Xsl-List (E-mail)
Subject: [xsl] accessing Java method from xslt

I searched the archives and only found one example of this and it
does not really apply.  I am hoping someone here can help me out
on this one.  I am new to XML but not really new to Java.
I am trying to access a method in a java file from my xslt.
Below is a snippit of my xml file.

<myxml>
<RelatedId>Test11-Diagram</RelatedId>
</myxml>

Here is a snippit of my xslt file...

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
       xmlns:CollateralXML="class:../classes/xml/CollateralXML">

<xsl:template match="myxml">
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="RelatedId" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="RelatedId">
      <B>Categories:</B><br/>
              <xsl:value-of select="CollateralXML:getUrl(.\),
</xsl:template>

I am not sure what to put in the getUrl.  I need the value of
Test11-Diagram to be sent to the method in CollateralXML called
getUrl. The method getUrl is static.
The only example I have run across has the values embeded in the
tag and that is not the format I have avail to me.
Any help is appreciated.