xsl-list

Re: Converting markup to non-markup

2002-09-12 06:56:42
Satish, L. Gnanendra wrote:
Hello all,
 I am very new to XML+XSLT. I have already done a rapid study of these which
is required for my project.
 My immediate query is:
 How do I compare an attribute from XML with a parameter defined in XSLT and
display some text.
 eg. code is:
 <xsl:variable name="TagVal"
select="OIDInfo/Message/MessageInfo/MsgLevel/TextString"/>
 <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test='$TagVal=Cleared'>

$TagVal=Cleared

compares the string-value of each node in $TagVal (which you set to be
one or more TextString elements) to the string-value of each node
selected by child::Cleared. If any match, the result is true.

You want

<xsl:when test='$TagVal="Cleared"'>
or
<xsl:when test="$TagVal='Cleared'">

Note you can save a little bit of memory if you put the xsl:choose inside
inside the when/otherwise.

   - Mike