xsl-list

RE: using DOM as an argument to the document() function ...

2002-09-10 10:02:21
If you are using a Java processor, you can write a URIResolver that
intercepts the URI passed to the document() function and returns a
DOMSource object.

But the alternative, which also works on Microsoft, is to pass the
second DOM as a parameter to the transformation.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Ram Cherukuri
Sent: 10 September 2002 16:34
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] using DOM as an argument to the document() function ...

can I pass a DOM objct as an argument to the document()
function, instead of
specifying a physical file name?

I have two xml documents and a stylesheet that are loaded into DOM
documents. how do I specify the second xml DOM document as an
argument to
the document() function in the xsl DOM document?

please suggest.

thanks in advance!