xsl-list

Re: Re: saxon dtd

2002-09-09 06:33:39
Thank you David

I use the XMLSpy. It inserts the reference in the wrong way.
I thnk many people use the XMLSpy. Is there a better way than changing the
DOCTYPE line every time manually from D:\...\.. to file:///d:/.../.. ?

Bernward

When I write in testdtd.xml
   <!DOCTYPE Artikel SYSTEM "D:\tmp\Artikel.dtd">

The XML spec specifies that the SYSTEM identifier has to be a URI not a
file path. in a URI the bitbefore the : is the protocol as in http: or
ftp: your uri has d: hence the error message

"unknown protocol d"

Some windows XML parsers will silently correct your error and convert
the MSDOS file path into a URI but there is nothing to say they should
do this, and arguably they should not do it.

The URI you want is

file:///d:/tmp/Artikel.dtd

ie the file: protocol and using / not \.
On some systems you need to quote the :.

David