xsl-list

Re: info on sablotron?

2002-09-09 00:42:53
bryan wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has used any recent version of
Sablotron and can tell me how it stacks up performance-wise, standard
compliancy-wise and if it supports most commonly supported extensions -
node-set(), multiple document outputs etc.

The current version (v0.96) is supposed to be XSLT 1.0 compliant. Its performance is comparable to other C/C++ engines (libxslt is about 50% faster).

Extensions are pretty well supported; Sablotron links Mozilla's JavaScript engine, thus you can use JS implementation of EXSLT functions. The multiple outputs work according to EXSLT, node-set() isn't supported yet. JS functions have DOM access to transformed documents; node-sets can be passed to XSLT as external objects.

Regards,
Petr

--
Petr Cimprich