xsl-list

RE: double parsing

2002-09-05 08:58:53
You can use the & entity in a text element with the
disable-output-escaping attribute on.

     <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="Yes">&amp;#10;</xsl:text>

This isn't always consider perfect XML, because of the
disable-output-escaping, but it does produce what you want in the output.

        Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: minikittygo(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com
[mailto:minikittygo(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 11:37 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] double parsing

Hi,

can somebody please help me out over this, i got pretty struck over this
matter:
at the moment i was trying to convert my native xml file into a excel XP
compatiable xml file.

i.e. myXML -> excelXML -> display on excel

however i ran into the problem when i want to introduce a line break within
one of the cell
to do so, i need to use an entity &#10; for line break
i.e.
<Cell><Data>text&#10;text2,</Data></Cell>
 however, when i add &#10; to my stylesheet to transfer from my native xml
to the excel xml,
e.g.
 <xsl:for-each select="element">
<Cell><Data>
<xsl:value-of select="element2"/><xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
</Data></Cell>
</xsl:value-of>

the output format of the excel xml will become
<Cell><Data>text
text2
</Data></Cell>

but what i want is
 <Cell><Data>text&#10;text2&#10;</Data></Cell>

puting such entity into a CDATA node is simply not an option as it
transform it into &amp;#10;

therefore i was wondering it is possible to do so, if so, please help out
over it, otherwise, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kit

p.s. if  <xsl:comment> cannot contain any element nodes as its child, is
there workaround to the problem? cheers