xsl-list

RE: XSLT/XPath help to resolve definition references in a W SDL XML fi le

2002-09-04 11:47:37
My current node is not a C.
One of the first thing that I want to do, is to get the total number of A
(or B) element for all the A referenced by a C element). Even if I create a
template that will select a C (so now I have C as a current node), I do not
think that I will be able to get things such as the count. What I need is a
way to generate a node-set containing all the B element under a A element
referenced by a C element.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 11:00 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT/XPath help to resolve definition references in a
WSDL XML fi le

I want to be able to select all the B element which are under the A
elements referenced by the C element (the A elements for which a
C/@aRef attribute value, minus the prefix, is equal to the A/@name
attribute).

If your current node is a C then don't you just want

select="../A[(_at_)name=substring-after(current()/@aRef,':')]/B"

David