xsl-list

RE: copy-of / value-of

2002-09-02 06:25:00
Hi,

In my XML for that, I want to be able to add a tag <special> like:

<special>
  Some text here as line 1<br/>
  Some text here as line 2
</special>

But when I use this with value-of, the result is:

Some text here as line 1 Some text here as line 2
(without the tag in the middle.)

I also tried copy-of which is better, but copies also the XML tags.

All I want to do is to be able to add a tag to my XML file
which may include
HTML tags. How can I do this?

You probably want

  <xsl:copy-of select="special/node()" />

And if not, you should show us your stylesheet and wholeish input and desired
output documents.

(I didn't find this in the docs and the FAQ is not reachable
at the moment.
:-(  )

It's in the specs, believe me.

Cheers,