xsl-list

xml element order

2002-10-28 07:16:00
Hello people,
I have an xml whose DTD is as follows..
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!ELEMENT University (name?, area?)>
<!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT area(#PCDATA)>
The University Element has a sequence of name, and area elements.Which would mean that these elements have to appear in the XML in the same order that it is in the DTD. This is causing a problem for us because we are aware of the elements which we want but have no control over the order of the elements in the xml file.Since it is an automated process that ends in a transformed output file using xslt,every time we end up with an error saying the xml file is not valid.. Is there any way of making the order of the elements FLEXIBLE..
so that for the same DTD, the elements may appear as..
<University>
        <name>my name</name>
        <area>My area </area>
</University>