xsl-list

RE: XML to XML transformation using XSD

2002-10-25 02:33:29

Is there any way to convert an XML file to another one if

- the source XML file is given
- the target XSD schema is given?

The XSD schema fits to the source file, but have different
tag names, etc.

There are a number of tools around that attempt to construct a
transformation from knowledge of the source and target schemas. It can
only be done in fairly trivial cases, in my view.

After all, an example of your problem is: my source file is some
arbitrary piece of XML, my target schema is XHTML, can the
transformation be done automatically? Answer: yes, so long as you want a
trivial rendition of the XML document.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com