xsl-list

RE: newbie question: transforming xml to txt with xslt

2002-10-23 02:28:31
Hi,

hi all,
i want to exctract certain data from a xml-file, which
contains programdetails of several tv channels (see a examle
below), and put it into txt-files (for each tv channel one
txt-file).

You can write only one file with XSLT 1.0, but there are extensions and e.g.
Saxon and jd.xslt support XSLT 1.1. So you need some sort of postprocessing
here.

the programm should read from the xml file the
data starting from 6:00 am of the following day till 5:59 am
of the day after that.

following day of what day? today? pass the date as a parameter to the
stylesheet.

i am new to xml, xsl/xslt. my question is now, if my problem
can be solved with xslt only, or if i need another
programminglanguage (which one?) for extracting data
according the time?

Processing the document is no problem, but you need some other tool to create
separate files, like e.g. Perl.

as there are 22 tv channels, i don´t want
to write an xsl-file for each of these...is parameterpassing
possible with xslt?

Yes, consult the API documentation of your XSLT processor.

Cheers,

Jarno