xsl-list

RE: What is the fastest XSLT parser

2002-10-18 04:45:00

If something is taking 30 hrs on msxml then I think you've probably got
a code problem, there's likelihood of stack overflow with msxml if
recursion is improperly used.

As a general rule msxml is pretty fast. By which I mean it tends to be
the fastest in most use cases I see. Notice the 'I see' delimiter on
that statement. Speed ain't everything though.

 Your node functions I'm betting are node-set() functions which is an
extension function, i.e msxml:node-set($mynode)/*

Works if msxml is a prefix associated with the namespace
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" in msxml, however this does not mean
you can just switch your namespace declaration to xalan as xalan does
not name it's node-set function node-set() but rather nodeset(); thus if
you want your xslt to run on both processors you should use xsl:fallback
and function-exists() etc. to provide a fallback mechanism for the cases
when using a processor that does not support mynamespace:node-set()

Xalan currently supports exslt http://www.exslt.org/
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html

therefore it should be possible to switch your namespace to the exslt
namespace and in that way escape from the problem of having a node-set
function named nodeset and not node-set()
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/org/apache/xalan/lib/ExsltCommon.h
tml