xsl-list

Re: Pagination in xsl-fo

2002-10-15 13:31:33
David Tolpin wrote:
I have created a product catalogue with a image on even pages (left) and
product information on odd pages (right). If the product information is to
large for one page, I would like the information to span, to the next odd
page. If this occurs, I would like to display the same image on the opposing
even page so that the relevant image is always displayed. Any hint/help would be appreciated Best regards Uffe

markers (fo:marker / fo:retrieve-marker) are the correct markup for that.

More verbose: Use a page-sequence-master which defines even pages with an
almost zero height body and a large region-before where you put the body on odd
pages. Define the product image in a marker at the beginning of the
product description and retrive it with retrieve-marker into the region-before
on even pages. This might even work for multiple products per page, if you can
get away with rough alignments based on simple calculations of the space used
up by a product description text. Getting the scope right for the retrival
might be a bit tricky, consult the spec.

J.Pietschmann