xsl-list

Re: Outputting from more than one source - The Mistery Solved

2002-10-15 07:27:49
Gustavo,
I know what you mean. When I do document conversion, I re-transform
my original xml document to get out these spaces so that I don't have
to worry about it. I have had too many gliches as a result of junk
like this leaking into my nodes from the conversion process.

At the same time the stylesheet normalizes and put the nodes through
my own recursive indent stylesheet so that 20,000 lines becomes only
about 8,000. This makes it alot easier to work with in my editor.

Mike F.
Washington, DC

--- Gustavo Moreira <moreirag(_at_)ieg(_dot_)com(_dot_)br> wrote:
Folks,

The problem is solved.
I put Americo's code in my processor.
And it worked. So I adapted his code to work with my real clients.
And it didn't worked. Would it be the number or regs? - I thought.

Then - please don't laught at me - I started to debug, trying with
less
regs, it still didn't work. Then - rembember, don't laugh! - I put
all the
tags identical, and it still didn't work. And the more I checked
all the
details the more I was convinced that it had to be something really
stupid.
So I noticed - laughing can be bad to you! - there was a F******
WHITE SPACE
(FWS) in front of all the values of elements from clientes_ora.xml.
Just
like this example:

<registro>
<nome> BANCO CIDADE S/A.</nome>
<endereco> AV. SETE DE SETEMBRO, 1021</endereco>
<cidade> PORTO ALEGRE</cidade>
</registro>

This way it always brought first the clients from clientes_ora.xml.

I'll check my Java code to see why this FWS doesn't appear in the
records
generated by SQLServer.
I warned - but I imagine all of you laughing at me now...
Or as we say in Brazil, "tirando um sarro da minha cara"

Thanks for all the help,
Gustavo Moreira
mailto:gustavo(_at_)apple2(_dot_)com
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"
(Lennon-McCartney)