xsl-list

RE: Saxon get starting but cancle again!

2002-10-10 02:44:32
hello,

meanwhile i could get the knack of the Problem!
Thanks for your participation and help.
The Case was a wrong commmand for Path in VB programm:
instead of ("c:\saxon -o 81831.txt 81831.xml 81831.xsl", vbNormalNoFocus)
it should be ("c:\saxon -o c:\81831.txt c:\81831.xml c:\81831.xsl",
vbNormalNoFocus)

The Reason for Using VB instead of Java is just Customer' s requirement.
regards,

dama
 It's possible, but requires a fair bit of patience, to call Saxon's JAVA
API directly from Visual Basic - there are various technologies that
wrap Java objects as COM objects. However, it's not a mixture I would
particularly recommend (why use Visual Basic when you could be using
Java?). Instant Saxon is packaged as a Windows executable, so you should
be able to run it from VB like any other executable - it's years since
I've done this and I've forgotten the details. I'm not sure why it's not
working for you.

Saxon-specific questions are best asked on the saxon-help list at
SourceForge.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com