xsl-list

Re: Comparing with a variable position

2002-10-09 20:18:15

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg(_dot_)heinicke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>

Thank you Jörg, this seems elegant, two questions though.

<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
   <xsl:copy>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

1) Why the above template rather than the simpler
<xsl:template match="container">, I'm especially puzzled by the <xsl:copy> (I'm
a newbie).

<xsl:template match="container/text()">
   <sub-container>
     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
   </sub-container>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="separator"/>

If "thus several node are possible" instead of text "mixed content"

2) Well I do not know if it is "instead", I meant "or". Is mixed content
contardictory with several nodes (text and elements)?

means that there can be written any element or nodes in general, you
have to use a grouping method, which groups the nodes in <container/> by
their preceding or following sibling separator. There are a few examples
in the archives, I would search for "adding hierarchy" or "structure".

I looked and found a message with this title but the way I understand it added
structure using the attributes, I do not see how this helps with the grouping.

Any help welcome.

Louis