xsl-list

RE: xsl and checkbox

2002-10-09 13:05:02
Hi,
[not an XSL question, but this screwed me up for a while :)]
I do something like this:

<input type="checkbox" name="uid" onclick="toggleValue(this)"/>

and then set the value with the JS function (if 'on', then value=false, vice
versa) and submit the name=value pair. This also solves the problems of getting
nulls on checkboxes set to 'off' (or unchecked - which do not get submitted).

best,
-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Frans Herbst
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:33 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl and checkbox

When you say "reference it with javascript", do you mean you want to
inspect it after it is loaded on the browser, or during the transformation
to HTML?

Well the easiest possible, I need to populate a string with all the selected
items when I submit the page.
If I could check anytime if the checkbox is selected I could populate a
hidden list box with the info, but everthing I have tried results to an
unidentifier to the listbox or attribute I defined for the listbox.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

 Frans Herbst