xsl-list

RE: Formated text output

2002-10-08 11:02:41

</xslt:stylesheet>

type out.txt
X       Y       Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Cornide Arce [mailto:lcornide(_at_)almabioinfo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 8:26 AM
To: XSL-LIST

Hi everybody,

First of all I have to say that I'm a newbie in XSL, so please apologize
me if I submit basic questions.
I think that my problem is very simple. I have quite complex data in a
database and I want to export it in several formats. I want to generate
an intermediate XML documet and apply to it different XSLT to transform
to the specified format. Some of them are XML documents and other plain
text with tab separated columns, my problem is related with the plain
text formats.
I have a XML document like this

<a>
    <b>
        <c att1="X" att2="Y">Z</c>
    </b>
</a>

And I want to generate a text file like this (tab separated columns)

=== BEGIN OF THE GENERATED DOC ===
X    Y    Z
=== END OF THE GENERATED DOC  ===

But the transformation writes all the tabs and newline characters of the
XML document, so I obtain something like this

=== BEGIN OF THE GENERATED DOC ===

        X    Y    Z

=== END OF THE GENERATED DOC  ===

How can I avoid this?