xsl-list

RE: conditional inlcudes -is it possible?

2002-10-03 04:56:27
Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Andrew Welch
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 3:58 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] conditional inlcudes -is it possible?

Robert Koberg:
MK:
The usual mistake. You should import the global stylesheet into the
local one, not the other way around.

I would say this is bad advice if you have a manager-type
webapp. One that has
to control several different subprojects with each subproject
having a different
look and feel. Though no performance gain is acheived by
having global XSL,
there is definiteley benefits for maintainence.

Rob,

Can you expand on this a little - I can't see when using multiple
specific stylesheets importing a single global one is a bad idea.  Maybe
Ive misread what you mean?

cheers
andrew

I guess now I am confused too. I think I was thinking about the URIResolver
howto I had recently posted. In the example I had one XSL include one of two
sets of head/nav XSLs that functioned in two different ways. I guess I was
thinking of the primary XSL as the global and the navs as local (based on user
pref). But I guess it could be thought of the other way around just as easily
(the nav's are global too, just the include of one or the other is optional). So
I don't think you misread me, it was me being confus(ing | ed).

-Rob

This is our situation. We have a global xsl that
ensures that all our webpages have a certain content.
We are trying to make the inclusion of local xsl
stylesheets conditional

The usual mistake. You should import the global stylesheet into the
local one, not the other way around.

I would say this is bad advice if you have a manager-type
webapp. One that has
to control several different subprojects with each subproject
having a different
look and feel. Though no performance gain is acheived by
having global XSL,
there is definiteley benefits for maintainence.

best,
-Rob