xsl-list

RE: xsl:value-of inside an html tag

2002-10-03 00:53:46
I hate to be severe, but this code is an absolute disaster. Please get
yourself a book abobut XSLT and read a few chapters before you write any
more code. In particular, try to understand the concept that you are
building a result tree containing element and attribute nodes, not a
string of characters. Learn how to use literal result elements and
attribute value templates.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

I'm trying to build a dynamic link by having the href
attribute set to <xsl:value-of
select="/page/results/prevnext/@prevresult"/> ... so I would
have something like <a href="<xsl:value-of
select="/page/results/prevnext/@prevresult"/>">Previous</a>
... obviously that's not going to work though.

The only thing I can get to compile is the following but this
actually prints the href to the screen rather than processing it.

<xsl:variable name="beginhref">&lt;a href="</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="endhref">"&gt;</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="closehref">&lt;/a&gt;</xsl:variable>
<xsl:value-of select="$beginhref"/><xsl:value-of
select="/page/results/prevnext/@prevresult"/><xsl:value-of
select="$endhref"/>Previous<xsl:value-of select="$closehref"/>

Is there another way to do this that actually resolves the
href rather than printing it out?

Thanks,

-Matt MacDougall