xsl-list

Re: counting the number of tokens in a string?

2002-10-02 09:57:29
John,

There's a trick for this too (let's see if I can get it right this time):

<xsl:variable name="commacount"
   select="string-length(@cols) - (string-length(translate(@cols, ',',''))"/>

Basically you're subtracting the string length of the string stripped of commas from the string length of the string with the commas in it.

In your case, add 1.

And yes, you could do it with recursion too.

Cheers,
Wendell