xsl-list

RE: variable handling

2002-10-02 03:10:54
I dont know what should be the appropriate title for this
problem of mine.

The appropriate title would be "grouping" and the solution can be found
in XSLT textbooks under "grouping" or more specifically "Muenchian
grouping". Check http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TeamInfo>
      <row>
              <team>1 </team>
              <teamName>First Team</teamName>
              <name>Vinod</name>
      </row>
      <row>
                      <team>1 </team>
                      <teamName>First Team </teamName>
                      <name>Kavita</name>
      </row>
      <row>
              <team>2 </team>
              <teamName>Second Team </teamName>
              <name>Suren</name>
      </row>
      <row>
                      <team>2 </team>
                      <teamName>Second Team </teamName>
                      <name>Amit</name>
      </row>
      <row>
                      <team>3 </team>
                      <teamName>Third Team </teamName>
                      <name>Shilpa</name>
      </row>
</TeamInfo>

I want to convert it into something like this

<teams>
      <team number="1" name="First Team">
              <member> Vinod </member>
              <member> Kavita </member>
      </team>
      <team number="2" name="Second Team">
              <member> Suren </member>
              <member> Amit </member>
      </team>
      <team number="3" name="Third Team">
              <member> Shilpa </member>
      </team>
</teams>

Please note that there can be n number of teams with m
members in each team.

I had an XSLT code but the rigidity of variables(they are all
of type final,
plz plz someone say that I am wrong) is coming in between. I
dont want to
bias any of you experts with my code. Plz plz plz reply at
the earliest.

Anita