xsl-list

RE: how to get info from nodes surrounding current node?

2002-10-01 19:08:30
Thanks Jim. Between your response and Michael Kay's I
managed to make it work. What you suggested was a
pretty elegant solution, I just need to make sure that
TABLE is addressed using ../../TABLE because my
context node is 2 levels down from TABLE. (Kay's
suggestion)

One question: the var turned out to be needed. If I
use ITEM[(_at_)id=@col_id]/@name I get the same name, i.e.,
I get (col1, col1) instead of (col1, col2) as if
@col_id gave me the same number every time the
template matches. Why?

J.L.

--- James Fuller <james(_dot_)fuller(_at_)o-idev(_dot_)com> wrote:

My XSL is something like:

<xsl:template-match select="IDX">
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX <xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/>
on
<xsl:value-of select="TABLE[(_at_)name]"/>
(<xsl:apply-templates select="D_ID"/>
</xsl:template>

 <xsl:template-match select="D_ID">
      <xsl:variable name="mysearchstring"
select="@col_id"/>
      <xsl:value-of
select="TABLE/ITEM[(_at_)id=$mysearchstring]/@name"/>
 </xsl:template>

u dont need the var but I added just to illustrate
the technique

gl, jim fuller

 XSL-List info and archive:

=====