xsl-list

Re: XSL-FO footnotes only on the last page

2002-11-29 09:01:43
At 2002-11-29 10:33 -0500, Lee, Insoo wrote:
  I need to print the footnotes only on the last page...

This is a common requirement.

  I learned on the web that I need to use
repeatable-page-master-alternatives with page-sequence-master, but examples
I found don't really work...

I wouldn't approach it this way myself, unless you wanted the footnotes on their own page and not on the last page that has text.

This will collect all your footnotes on the last page, though there are some balancing issues the formatter will have to go through if there isn't enough room on the last page for all of the footnotes and all of the text of the last page.

I hope this helps.

......................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO:
-                             North America:  Feb 3 - Feb 7,2003

G. Ken Holman               mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.        http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                     Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                             Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-10-1             Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Next conference training:                    2002-12-08,03-03,06