xsl-list

Re: Antw: url rewriting

2002-11-29 05:33:34
Hi there!
I have realised that the file U have given me is actually for "encoding an url" but not for re-writing. Sorry for any confusion. In Java, the method in the Servlet API for doing URL rewriting for session management is called encodeURL().
And I am looking for such session tracking/management in WAP devices.

My problem is, In wap devices it's creating a new session for every request, which means U get a new session id every time. This makes the application to forget who the user is in his next request itself.

I read somewhere that I can use the hidden form fields to exchange the session ids between different requests. But there was not much info there,
so i din't get any clear idea on how I can implement it.
Any more ideas on this??

best regards,
Madhavi