xsl-list

RE: Tramsform XML through mapping schemas using XSL

2002-11-27 09:00:08

Many thanks for the replies so far. I'm now progressing to
look at the mapping file or "high-level description of a
stereotyped transformation", and was wondering whether I
could use xpath statements in this file to identify data I
want to extract from particular elements/attributes, or
identify even the elements themselves.

The question that subsequently arises when creating a mapping
file as such
is: Can one pass xpath statements as variables into
templates, and then act on them (against the source document)?

No you can't (except with extensions such as xx:evaluate()); but if you
are generating a stylesheet from your configuratoin file, rather than
interpreting it, this isn't a problem.

Michael Kay

Thanks,
Alistair - alistair(_dot_)power(_at_)csw(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk