xsl-list

Simple Sort Problem

2002-11-26 13:00:15
I've seen other posts about sorting issues with Xalan, but nothing seemed to cover this simple issue. (or at least I think its simple)

I have sample xml and xsl file. In the style-sheet I am attempting to sort the result of the 'info' element according to the number in the 'date' element. In XMLspy this sort works correctly, but when I deploy it on Unix with Apache Xalan it fails to return the document in a sorted fashion; instead it just returns it in the order found in the xml.

Here is the XML and the style-sheet.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="application/xml" href="C:\Program Files\Altova\XML Spy Suite\Examples\tran.xsl"?>
<HelloWorld>
        <Row>
<info xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query"; src:col="/db/Publications/NewsGazette/News" src:key="255459967.xml">
                        <title>Three test2.rtf</title>
                        <subject>School capacity could dictate growth</subject>
                        <author>Sylvia L. Oliande</author>
                        <date timestamp="1">1</date>
                </info>
        </Row>
        <Row>
<info xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query"; src:col="/db/Publications/NewsGazette/News" src:key="255459968.xml">
                        <title>Two test2.rtf</title>
                        <subject>School capacity could dictate growth</subject>
                        <author>Sylvia L. Oliande</author>
                        <date timestamp="2">2</date>
                </info>
        </Row>
        <Row>
<info xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query"; src:col="/db/Publications/NewsGazette/News" src:key="255459969.xml">
                        <title>One test2.rtf</title>
                        <subject>School capacity could dictate growth</subject>
                        <author>Sylvia L. Oliande</author>
                        <date timestamp="3">3</date>
                </info>
        </Row>
        <Row>
<info xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query"; src:col="/db/Publications/NewsGazette/News" src:key="32434578.xml">
                        <title>test2.rtf</title>
                        <subject>School capacity could dictate growth</subject>
                        <author>Sylvia L. Oliande</author>
                        <date timestamp="4">4</date>
                </info>
        </Row>
</HelloWorld>
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query";>
        <xsl:template match="Row">
                <xsl:if test="info" >
                        <xsl:apply-templates select="info">
                                <xsl:sort select="info/date"
order="descending"/>
                        </xsl:apply-templates>
                </xsl:if>
        </xsl:template>
        <xsl:template match="/HelloWorld">
                <xsl:apply-templates select="Row" />
        </xsl:template>
        <xsl:template match="info">
select="date/@timestamp"/></div>
<b><xsl:value-of select="title"/></b> - <xsl:value-of select="subject"/><br/>
        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Thanks for help!