xsl-list

How to process the stylesheet on the client...

2002-11-25 07:58:41
Hi! I want to be able to use different stylesheets to my xml document. And I
want the stylesheet to be processed by Internet Explorer 6.0 on the client.
So I want the web server to send both the xml document and the xsl
stylesheet to the client.

This xml-template works:
<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='stylesheet.xsl'?>
<ROOT>
  <sql:header xmlns:sql='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql'>
    <sql:param name='Test'>1</sql:param>
  </sql:header>
  <sql:query xmlns:sql='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql'>
    Exec sp_gettest @Test
  </sql:query>
</ROOT>

But I want the stylesheet 'stylesheet.xsl' to be passed as a parameter - or
how you may solve it. (If I add the attribute "?xsl=stylesheet.xsl" in the
URL, the stylesheet is processed on the web server instead.)

Does anyone know how to make the transform to take place on the client? I
would be thankful for advice.

(I'm using SQLXML 3.0 & SQL Server 2000)
/Tomas