xsl-list

RE: PDF to XSL-FO

2002-11-22 08:15:58
Well, we have got some existing forms in pdf format, but are looking at
generating the same + new forms partly prepopulated using XML/XSLT/XSL-FO. I
was just wondering if it was feasable to get from PDF to XSL-FO to at least
give us a starting point, rather than begining from scratch. If not, then fair
enough.

Thanks for the info.

All the best

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Tkachenko [mailto:olegt(_at_)multiconn(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 November 2002 14:50
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] PDF to XSL-FO

Mark Seaborne wrote:
Just wondering if there are any tools to convert pdf to XSL-FO?
I think that's hardly feasible. Read what iText guys say about it:
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/tutorial/ch01.html#readingPDF.

I did a quick Google search, but couldn't find anything obvious.
Usually people want an opposite direction of a transformation. Why do
you need it, is it a real use case?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team