xsl-list

RE: Selecting nested unique values, Muench approach not a good fit?

2002-11-20 21:41:16
Chris - it seems to me the Muenchian approach will serve you well. You are
on the right track there. You could define a key like this:

<xsl:key
        name="chunk-seeds"
        match="seed"
        use="concat(ancestor::chunk/name,.)"
/>

..so that the index includes the seed and also the chunk's name. Then the
seeds inside different chunks would have a unique index and wouldn't
interfere with each other.

Warning! Untested! :-)

Con

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
chrislott(_at_)spamcop(_dot_)net
Sent: Thursday, 21 November 2002 16:30
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Selecting nested unique values, Muench approach not a
good fit?

I read about and tried the Muench approach using xsl:key, the
key function,
and generate-id to select the first node that matches a
particular key value
so as to avoid visiting duplicates.

<snip/>

It seems that if the seed names could be made unique across
chunks, the
Muench approach might work.  I.e., if the first chunk has seed names
"chunk1-0", "chunk1-1", etc. and the next chunk has seed names
"chunk2-0", "chunk2-1", etc.  If this is the only way to