xsl-list

Re: test for blank

2002-11-20 14:16:25
contains() tests for substring. If you set the substring to test for to '', the test is also evaluated to true. Furthermore an "else" exists in XSLT, but not for <xsl:if>, but <xsl:choose> and <xsl:when>. You can use multiple (exclusive) <xsl:when>s and <xsl:otherwise>.

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="string(@value)">
    the value of @value is: <xsl:value-of select="@value"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="not(@value)">
    <!-- no @value found -->
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="not(string(@value))">
    There is nothing to see
  </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

Regards,

Joerg

SAL ROSALES Jr. wrote:
I'm trying to test for a value of nothing for with
XSL. I understand there are no 'else' statements
available in xsl so I'm trying to get this to work. I
thought using the not function would work but so far
the only output I'm getting is from the 1st nested if
statement

Here are my if statements:

<xsl:if test="@value">
                                                <xsl:if test="@value[contains(.,